They found the most painful scene, but the outcome is what really shocks me, writes kenhthoisu.
A stray dog was spotted in the middle of the road and was saved by Animal Aid Unlimited. The dog was in serious condition and could not get its head off the ground when it was discovered. Over his right ear, it was covered with maggots. The skin was nearly gone, leaving a fragile and painful area. It was impossible for the stray dog to move, eat, or drink.
Neve adores her canine and cat pals and is happy to be at last in a place that cherishes her. She is a loving puppy that is lively with everyone she meets! What a sweetie!
According to Aid Unlimited, “We discovered him laying in agony on the side of the road, terribly injured and shattered.” His body had given up hope as maggots devoured the side of his skull.
He fought to lift his head as we got close, but he shortly passed out from tiredness.
The footage below shows Major Sahib’s awful trauma and subsequent recovery following a successful course of therapy and months of rehabilitation. He is now hardly recognisable.
The footage shows Major Sahib shaking in agony and panic on the road before the rescue crew wrapped him in a blanket and carried him to their ambulance.
This lovely gentleman was given the moniker “Major Sahib” by Animal Aid Unlimited in recognition of his extraordinary bravery.
Although he was hurt and shattered, he still had a lot of life left.
And Major Sahib is doing just that, soaking up attention from the Animal Aid Unlimited team and enjoying himself in the safety of its sanctuary.