The single mother Alex Collins was living in northern California when she received a frightening phone call. A neighbor notified her that her house had collapsed, but her dog was still inside. The woman’s toddler was safe at daycare, but when she arrived home, she didn’t know whether her dog, Boo, would lie or not.
As a result of the dedicated work of the Chico Fire Department, Boo was rescued from the burning house. He was transported to an awaiting ambulance, but he was still in danger.
He was breathing laboriously, and the pup had inhaled a significant amount of smoke. With an oxygen mask placed over his muzzle, firefighters and first responders worked tirelessly to save the dog’s life. Boo is doing well now, one week later.
At the animal shelter, the white and black speckled pup fit right in and enjoyed the attention of his heroes. Luckily, he didn’t suffer lasting damage from the smoke he inhaled. Boo is already recovering from his traumatic experience of being trapped in a building house after getting checked out by a veterinarian.
While Collins is happy to still have Boo, she cannot ignore the reality that her home has collapsed. Her toddler’s toys and clothes, as well as the majority of her belongings, were destroyed in the fire.
Firefighters are grateful that they arrived in time to save the family of single mom Nef Collins. A fund-raising campaign was started by her friends to assist the mother moving forward.
The firemen are great. So glad they were able to rescue this dog! Our prayers and blessings are always with this beautiful, family member until it finds a forever home where it can be safe and loved.